Inflammation is caused when a reaction takes place in the body in which white blood cells are stationed at a location where no foreign substance is present, and it somehow ends up damaging its nerves. The swelling of the tissues at these junctions causes pain which is often accompanied by restlessness.
If you have arthritis or any similar disease that causes inflammation and pain. there is a home remedy that will work naturally and will be quicker in easing your pain than most painkillers. Some of the painkillers can do more harm than good to your body as they can affect organs like kidney and damage them severely.
Pineapple and ginger smoothie is a natural home remedy that will not only ease your pain but also provide your body with extra nutritious substance. As for pineapple is concerned is it a wonder fruit as it contains Vitamin C, Vitamin B, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Copper, etc. It is a natural anti-inflammatory that will help boost the process. Ginger works wonders when added with pineapple as it curates a mixture that secretes various oils being an aromatic compound. The combinationof these two mega ingredients is unbeatable.
Diseases that cause inflammation and pain
The pancreas produces the hormone insulin, which helps regulate blood sugar levels. In type 1 diabetes, the immune system attacks and destroys insulin-producing cells in the pancreas.
High blood sugar can damage blood vessels, as well as organs like the heart, kidneys, eyes, and nerves.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
In rheumatoid arthritis (RA), the immune system attacks the joints. This attack causes redness, warmth, soreness, and stiffness in the joints. Unlike osteoarthritis, which affects people as they get older, RA can start as early as your 30s.
3. Psoriasis/psoriatic arthritis
Skin cells usually grow and then shed when they’re no longer needed. Psoriasis causes skin cells to multiply too quickly. The extra cells build up and form red, scaly patches called scales or plaques on the skin.
4. Inflammatory bowel disease
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is a term used to describe conditions that cause inflammation in the lining of the intestines. Each type of IBD affects a different part of the GI tract.
- Crohn’s disease can inflame any part of the GI tract, from the mouth to the anus.
- Ulcerative colitis affects only the lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum.
Symptoms of pain and inflammation
- Morning stiffness
- Joint stiffness
- Joint pain
- Minor joint swelling
Benefits of Pineapple and Ginger Smoothie for Pain and Inflammation
Pineapple and Ginger smoothie is regarded as one of the most effective natural remedies against pain and inflammation. It is rich in anti-inflammatory and digestive properties which help boost the liver health. The significant amounts of antioxidants not only help with the digestion but also cleanse and alkalize the body. Some of the considerable health benefits of this fantastic drink are: –
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C which is essential for a robust immune system and keeps inflammation away from the body.
- Bromelain, a proteolytic is found in Pineapple. It cleanses the body of toxins and also promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Flavonoid compounds are abundant in antioxidants that help fight cancer.
- Ginger has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It also ensures proper digestion of nutrients by the body.
Preparing the highly beneficial Pineapple Ginger Smoothie is a simple process and requires you to follow the below-mentioned steps. You can also add turmeric to the mix and enhance its efficiency against pain and inflammation manifolds.
- 1 ½ cup of fresh pineapples
- One whole banana (it will help reduce the acidity of the drink)
- ½ cup of Yogurt (the lactic acid will provide as a soothing agent)
- 1 Tbsp fresh Ginger
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Water or pineapple juice as required to keep the consistency of the smoothie medium.
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until they blend into a smooth paste. Add cinnamon as a garnish. Serve immediately. Add some ice to take the bite-off the drink and make it more palatable. You can enjoy this drink once every alternate day to detoxify your body of all the toxins and get freedom from pain and inflammation.
Tips and precautions while using Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
Here are the tips that you must consider while consuming Pineapple Ginger Smoothie to avoid any side effects as well as increase its efficiency.
- Drink this smoothie in moderation because Pineapples being rich in fructose can lead to an increase in blood sugar levels.
- You can also eat some almonds along with this smoothie to avoid an unexpected spike in blood sugar levels.
- Incorporate regular exercise in your daily routine and also consume a nutritious and well-balanced diet to ensure a robust immune system.
- Always prepare this smoothie fresh and consume immediately. Keeping it in the refrigerator will reduce its beneficial effects.
Pineapple and Ginger smoothie is an exceptionally effective natural remedy against pain and inflammation. You can enjoy this drink any time of the day and avail the multiple health benefits that it has to offer but as is the case with other food products excess of everything is terrible. Consume this drink in moderate quantities and also work your way towards a healthy lifestyle marked by regular exercise and nutritious diet.