Summer provides us with a bounty of wonderful fruit, perfect for cobblers, crisps, and just plain eating out of hand. this recipe from Elizabeth Perhac Schmitt, also known on her blog as, Liz the Chef, takes some of that fruit and incorporates it into a colorful, inventive salsa. Serve it alongside Grilled Halibut and you have yourself a terrific low-fat, healthy meal that celebrates the season in a delicious way.
Grilled Halibut with Fresh Blueberry Salsa
Author: Liz the Chef
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- ½ cup red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup flat-leaved parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon or orange thyme leaves
- ½ – 1 teaspoon jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 Alaskan halibut filets, 6-7 ounces per filet
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- For the salsa, simply combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
- For the halibut, heat up the grill, brush oil on each filet and salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high for 5 minutes on the first side, 4 minutes on the second, moving fish only to turn over. Halibut is fairly fragile.
- Serve with salsa.
Grilled Halibut with Blueberry Salsa was last modified: May 22nd, 2013 by