By the end of July, summer has definitely made itself known. Things have calmed down, you’re into kicking back and relaxing…and it is HOT. Homemade treats would be nice, but who wants to turn on the oven and raise the temps even more? These delicious Cookie Bars from Stacey Molter of Fancy Shanty are not only no-bake, they are non-dairy as well, made with protein-rich almond milk.
Almond Joy No-Bake Cookie Bars with Dark Chocolate Ganache
Packed with dark chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds, these Cookie Bars are topped with Dark Chocolate Ganache and are bursting with the sweet flavor you find in an Almond Joy candy bar. The rich dark chocolate ganache makes this recipe irresistible to the chocolate lovers in you life!
For the no-bake cookies:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Silk Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Additional shredded coconut and sliced almonds to top.
For the ganache:
- 11 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Lightly grease glass pan and set aside.
- In a large mixer with the paddle attachment, combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add flour 1/4 cup at a time just until incorporated. Dough will be crumbly.
- Add almond milk, coconut extract, and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until a soft dough forms.
- Add shredded coconut, sliced almonds and dark chocolate chips and mix on low-speed until thoroughly mixed.
- Press dough evenly into greased glass pan and set aside.
- To make the ganache, add dark chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream to a small pan and heat on low. Briskly whisk as chocolate chips begin to melt, remove from heat and keep whisking until smooth.
- Pour ganache over top of cookie dough. Top with shredded coconut and sliced almonds, gently pressing them into the warm ganache.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.