I think I was born to be a personal shopper.
All of the beautiful new items on display at the stores present so much possibility for a fabulous new season! I love to shop, I’m good at it, and I often share my special finds with my friends and my sister-in-law, who is a bit shopping impaired. As I enter my 50’s, I’m trying to balance the appeal of the trendy looks with my own personal style, which is more updated classic. I have decided that for my own closet- less is truly more.
I want this next phase in my life to be about more quality (not just clothes, but EVERYTHING!). Quality products look better on, last longer, and make me feel better. And since quality products cost more than the less expensive stuff I bought in my younger years, I will be making smarter and fewer purchases.
This Fall, I found 6 Awesome Shoes that I think BA50 women will love. They will keep you on trend, yet they are classy and most importantly- they are all comfortable. Please feel free to share them with your friends!
1. Sam Edelman animal print slip on sneakers- with actual (fake) fur! I’ve been watching these since I saw them on display at Nordstroms. Fashion slip on sneakers are BIG this Fall. I ordered these on Zappos (on sale at $80.00 and free shipping!) before noon the other day and by noon the next day they had arrived and were on my feet.
2. Check out these Quilted Tory Burch Quinn ballet flats! They come in many fun colors, but I like the nude ones, as I feel like they go with everything and aren’t black! These flats are expensive at $250.00, but they are perfect! They are very good quality, very up to date with the quilting, and very comfortable. I’m thinking these will be my “go to” pair of flats for a long time. Money well spent!
3. Looking for a great pair of dress up shoes? These could be my favorite pair of dress shoes EVER! Ivanka Trump (don’t let the name sway you) makes very classy, beautiful shoes. These Necila Suede Lattice shoes ($145) can be purchased at Lord and Taylor- and you just may be able to find them on sale (L and T always has great sales)… I did! I cannot wait to wear these, they are so feminine and pretty on, and believe it or not– these are also totally COMFY!
4. Think again if you think you were done with UGGs years ago. I just saw these UGG boots online at Nordstroms, and they are fantastic. They look like THE boot you might wear all winter, so cute with the fold over knitting and the buckle. Great with skinny jeans or leggings! The Cambridge boot (sold at Nordstroms only online, but you might find them elsewhere) sells for $169.95.
5. I love to wear my skinny jeans tucked into boots. These Donald Pliner Nova riding boots look very cool for $298.00 at Lord and Taylor. I love the two side zippers (great and fun detail) and I love the fact they are nylon and not leather. Who needs another pair of leather boots?
6. Short wedge boots are so cute and so comfortable and totally hot this season. I have my eye on these…I just need to try them on again to decide which color to get (the gray is different and I like different). I especially love the tassel! Toms Desert High Bootie for $97.95 is at Nordstroms.