As a sexuality and body positivity educator, I know how difficult it is for people to change their “stories” about their body and their sexuality. I also know how essential it is for all of us to love and embrace our bodies. This ability to not only accept ourselves in the skin that we’re in and our own unique expression of our sexuality may be the most healing, transformational and difficult practice for people to master. Think of it this way; if 10,000 hours equals mastery of a subject — how many hours have you spent hating your own body and shaming your sexuality? Have your “mastered” your own dysfunction and self loathing?
I believe that we can turn this around — if only we are willing.
Making friends with our bodies is essential for our relationship with our sexuality as well as over all wellness. It doesn’t matter what you think about another person’s beauty or sexiness — this is something that almost all people struggle with on a daily basis; you are not alone.
There are practices that you can do from your very own home and at no cost to you — to make the process a lot easier. As a sex educator and body positive advocate, I believe that saying body positive affirmations to yourself is one of the best things that you can do to help shift your own attitudes about your body, your sexual energy and your stories about your body. Simply saying affirmations could change your stories about your body and your relationship to your own sexiness. With practice, we can change our beliefs, and when we change our beliefs we can change our lives.
The practice of saying daily affirmations is all about making powerful, inspirational, fearless, loving and motivational statements that are full of sexy self love that will support you in shifting your thinking. I have some courageous, delicious and fun affirmations for you to get you started.
Feel free to use them as a jumping off point. Change them as you want to and make them your own.
Start doing sexy body loving affirmations and see if over time you are able to shift and strengthen your relationship with your body and your sexuality.
1. I’m Hot As F**K.
2. I get to have pleasure in my body right now.
3. I can take up space.
4. What other people think of my body and my sexual expression has nothing to do with me.
5. There is no definition of beauty.
6. My body is perfect and deserves to be loved just as it is today.
7. My body deserves to enjoy the food that I eat.
8. I deserve pleasure in my life.
9.. My body has needs that deserve to be heard and honored.
10.Thank you body for giving me pleasure and taking care of me today.
11. I accept my body.
12. My sexual expression is beautiful.
13. I love _______about my body.
14. My body is capable of giving me tremendous pleasure.
15. I am grateful to my body and I love my body because_______
16 Sexual pleasure is a gift that I can give myself.
17. Body, I’m sorry about saying mean things about you, please forgive me, I was doing the best that I could with what I have been taught. I will no longer be cruel and abusive to you.
18. I will no longer be ashamed of my beautiful body.
I hope there is something here for you.
Got an affirmation to add to my list? Love to have it. Post in comments below.
Pamela Madsen’s runs retreats around the world to help women re-connect to their bodies and sensuous nature and is author of the book; “Shameless: How I Ditched The Diet, Got Naked, Found True Pleasure and Somehow Got Home in Time to Cook Dinner” (Rodale 2011 Pamela’s ground breaking work with women has recently been featured in “O” Oprah Magazine.