Looking for a gift for Mother’s day? How About a FitBit? Read this from a new FitBit user…then decide if you want to torture Mom– or your wife— a bit…very tempting, indeed!
My FitBit has changed my life—more than ten ways in just ten days. Yes indeed. Now that the snow has melted away and with a birthday to boot, I thought it would be the ideal time for my husband and I to get “his and her” FitBits. What could be better for us than to focus on his and her healthy habits? We are both goal oriented. (Especially me.) And the matching black straps around our wrists—his large, mine small—would no doubt bring us better health and make us closer than ever. Little did I know, it would also make us kind of crazy. (Especially me.)
Here are 11 ways you can tell your FitBit has made you a little nuts:
1. When your husband asks “how did you sleep?” And your response is, “I haven’t checked yet.”
2. When you are invited to go to the museum and your gut reaction is “great activity for FitBit steps,” And when you reach your goal you think, “we don’t have to go any more- let’s go home.”
3. When your children say this is the most crazy “parent” thing you have ever done.
4.When you forget where you put something, and you actually get a little excited thinking about all the steps you will have to take to find that misplaced item. (eg. Yay! I left my glasses in the car and I have to to go back to get them!)
5. When you read something deeper into the coincidence that your step count (in my case) 7504 matches the number of your grandparents’ apartment from the 1970s. Someone watching over me?
6. When your husband is pissed about a seat on the back of the airplane and you point out the benefit: Think of the extra steps.
7. When you spend your two minutes of electronic toothbrushing time pacing your halls and lapping the dining room table so you can reach your goal.
8. When you seriously consider quitting the activity that you KNOW gives you the most intense workout, because holding the handles of that stepper and going fast doesn’t register on your FitBit—even if it sends your heart rate soaring… and is actually better for you.
9. When you get home after a long day, the weather is “meh,” you don’t have to walk a dog, and you still insist on going out to walk around the block to reach your random goal. And you make your hungry family wait for dinner.
10. When you curl up with your spouse at night and have a FitBit smackdown—comparing all your numbers. And you have an actual fit if you lose.
11. When your children shake their heads, roll their eyes and insult you by accusing you of acting like an “old person” instead of the vigorous, youthful, fit person you fancy yourself to be.