What Women Want sounds a bit like a fantasy romance. Well actually it is – it was a movie about 16 years ago with Helen Hunt ( a fan favorite) and Mel Gibson (not so much), where a fluke accident gives him the ability to read women’s minds. Well now – wouldn’t that be telling in real life!
Here’s a little non-fantasy help with what women want that you could actually forward to your significant others, BFF’s, siblings and children.
Here we go…
Let’s start with what women really don’t want this holiday season, and most fit in the ‘Another’ category. Feel free to add to this list below in the comment field!
- Cookbook – so you can make them dinner
- Wine glass – inscribed ‘My glass is half full’
- Dyson product – seriously?
- Box of chocolates – unless being delivered by Tom Hanks
- Sweatshirt – with his favorite sports team logo
- Pair of gloves – 20 should be the limit in the drawer
- Sexy lingerie – for who’s viewing pleasure really?
- Clothing in general – let me count the ways they probably don’t fit
- Appliances – no words…
What DO Women Want?
They want experiences, memories and good feelings! There’s no shortage of quotes to create this visual. Here are a few of my favorites:
Laughter is the shortest distance between two people
Consider Broadway tickets, comedy clubs or arranging an intimate home party for your nearest and dearest.
Life is short, take vacations
Consider a weekend away, near or far. Think about what SHE would enjoy doing that weekend – it might not be ice fishing with a brew in her glove.
The most effective way to do it, is to do it
Empower her with the tools to do something on her bucket list – if she wants to jump out of a plane, buy her the training to do it.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
Consider creating a keepsake for her that houses her favorite memories, perhaps a printed book that chronicles her joys.
We can do no great things, only small things with love
Does she have a passion for a certain charity? Make a donation in her name.
Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.
Does she struggle with her self-confidence? Empower her with the tools to take action.
- Perhaps she struggles with her clothing – buy her a store gift certificate so she can choose what she wants.
- Perhaps she struggles with her weight and she wants to take action but it’s not in her budget – buy her a gym membership.
- Does she struggle with her nutrition? Buy her a gift certificate for a nutritionist.
- Does she dislike her eyeglasses? By her a GC to one of the gazillion eyeglass shops around.
- Does she struggle with her overall image? Consider buying her time with a Personal Stylist. Knowledge is power and we all weren’t born with knowing how to shop, how to edit or how to style. A stylist can help from the inside out – from the closet to the self-confidence. Here’s a client testimonial from last week! It’s all about the experience, the memories created and the good feelings!
“I found Doreen through a Google search…I knew I needed wardrobe help in that I had accepted a job offer which required me to wear business attire. My initial meeting with Doreen was through her free 30-minute phone consultation. I was so impressed with her up-beat and friendly demeanor. She offered to do a closet edit, so I met her in my home. I felt like I was in the presence of a celebrity. She was so enthusiastic, full of energy and ideas. The two hours sped by. Afterwards, my closet looked a million times better than before. Doreen counseled me that I was dressing too old and wearing clothes too large for my body shape and she also offered tips and referrals on my hair, makeup and eyeglasses! The total package!
Since that day, we’ve met for a shopping trip and I have been sending her pics of me in my new outfits. I feel like I have a forever friend. She is the girlfriend who will tell you the truth and who wants you to look and feel your very best. I would encourage everyone to take a chance and consult with Doreen. You won’t be disappointed. If you’re able to take advantage of one of her workshops which she offers, DO IT!! Doreen changed my life. Thanks, Doreen for your enthusiasm, dedication, eye for style and most of all your kindness and contribution to emotional and physical well-being. I’m so glad we met! I’m grateful to say the least.” CK
The experience, the memories and the good feelings…happy holidays…