Click here to SIGN UP TODAY!
SHE DID IT/BOSTON
WORKSHOPS TO IGNITE THE SECOND HALF OF YOUR LIFE
MARCH 24, 2014
10:00 AM- 4:00 PM
MORNING: YOUR NEXT STEPS–CREATING MEANING AND PURPOSE THROUGH WORK (90 Minute workshops)
1. BEYOND THE EMPTY NEST. The kids are gone (or almost gone) and you are wondering what’s next. What will excite me, fulfill me, stretch me? Whether you have some ideas or feel completely stuck, this session will help you to create your identity Beyond Being Mom. Takeaway: You will rediscover your purpose and create an action plan for this next stage in your life.
2. HOW DO I FIND MY NEXT JOB? You know that in this next stage of life, you need (or want) a job, but you have been out of the work force for SO long. Or maybe you feel that if you have to do your current job for even one more second, you will start tearing your hair out. You know what your skills are, and you know what you are good at.
Takeaway: You will leave with tools and resources for finding your next job
3. HOW DO I MAKE A LIVING AND A DIFFERENCE?
We no longer equate the end of a successful career with the beginning of retirement. We want to stay in the game, or even better- change the game. We want to leave a mark. We want to make a difference- and continue to make money.
Takeaway: You will leave with a map of a plan for your transition.
Healthy and Hearty lunch options
AFTERNOON: START WITH A HEALTHY SELF—MIND AND BODY WORKSHOPS—(90 minute workshops)
1. USING FOOD TO IMPROVE YOUR MOOD AND ENERGY. Eat great to feel great. Time to ditch the diet mentality and the extra cup of coffee and put your focus on eating the right foods to increase your energy and alertness, reduce your fatigue and improve your mood. Yes, eating healthier not only helps you look great, but can help you FEEL fabulous too. Takeaway: You will leave this workshop with tips and strategies (and some recipes) for what to eat, when to eat, and how to eat –to feel better than ever!
2. WHY BE SECOND BEST WHEN YOU CAN BE YOUR BEST? IGNITE YOUR LIFE! Dr. Cathy Utzschneider, #1 world champion U.S. runner in her age (BA50) will teach you her MOVE! method to achieve your goal within the context of the rest of your life. Come to this workshop with a physical or personal goal in mind–I want to lose 10 pounds; I want to run a half marathon and I can barely run a mile; I want to Climb Mt Everest (or the Blue Hills.) Takeaway: Define your goal and put together a tangible plan of how you will get there. (cathyutzschneider.com)
3. STRESS REDUCTION WORKSHOP: Take Control of Your Stress, Anxiety and Sleep Issues. Are you stressed out and in need of a tool to help you manage your stress? In this 90 minute workshop you will begin to learn techniques for meditation to help you quiet your mind, calm yourself and feel more relaxed.
4. DOES YOUR IMAGE MATCH YOUR NEXT PHASE? Doreen Dove, image consultant and personal style coach, will share insider style tips so you can take immediate action to bump up your self-confidence and your style quotient! Learn how to know your body, like your body and dress your body to accentuate the positives and disguise the liabilities. You have 15 seconds to make a first impression -Make your appearance a priority! Takeaway: You will leave with strategies on using style as a tool to take strategic control of your image.
TEA TIME AND MINGLE (green tea and healthy snacks)