Ch-ch-ch-chia is ch-ch-ch-changing the health food landscape. Remember Chia Pets–the animal-shaped figurines that sprouted green “hair” overnight when you watered them? Some enterprising folks have discovered that the chia seeds are high in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids, and are now marketing everything chia (without the pets) as health food’s new shining star.
From the New York Times:
If you enjoyed this article, you might like these:
- Smoothies to Jump Start Your Day
- Hold the Chia! In Search of the Perfect Summer Diet
- Dry Eyes: The Secret Symptom Of Menopause
- Foods That Feed Your Sex Drive
- When It Comes To Determining Your Child’s Intelligence, Hips Don’t Lie